Are you looking for powerful tools to generate leads on your WordPress site?
Lead generation tools can help you attract quality leads that are more likely to convert into customers, subscribers, and loyal readers.
In this guide, we’ll reveal 13 of the best lead generation tools in the WordPress market. The plugins we’ve chosen help you capture leads on your site in different ways so you can maximize your marketing strategy.
How to Choose Good Lead Generation Plugins for WordPress?
With any WordPress plugin, always look for one that is user-friendly and doesn’t require a lot of expertise to set up and use. You want a tool that streamlines the lead generation process, not one that complicates it.
Coming to lead generation plugins specifically, these are the essential features you’ll want to look for:
Form Customization: Your lead generation forms should match your website’s design and branding. Ensure the plugin allows you to customize forms easily in terms of color, style, and content.
Lead Magnet Support: If you offer lead magnets such as ebooks or whitepapers, the plugin should allow you to deliver these incentives to subscribers automatically.
Integration: Check if the plugin integrates with your email marketing tools, customer relationship management (CRM) systems, and other apps. This ensures a seamless flow of leads into your marketing automation workflow and sales funnel.
Optimization for Mobile: Many users access websites on mobile devices. Make sure the plugin provides responsive and mobile-optimized forms to capture leads effectively from all devices.
Spam Protection: Spam submissions can clutter your lead database. Choose a plugin with built-in spam protection, like CAPTCHA, to filter out unwanted submissions.
A/B Testing: Split testing allows you to experiment with different form variations to determine which one is the most effective.
Analytics and Tracking: When it comes to marketing, it’s important to track the performance of your campaigns. These insights help you understand which forms are performing well and where you can make improvements.
Aside from this, it’s good to have support options and comprehensive documentation. If you run into issues, you’ll want resources to help you troubleshoot and find solutions.
Keeping these factors in mind, let’s take a look at the best lead generation plugins.
Best WordPress Lead Generation Plugins
OptinMonster is the best lead generation tool for WordPress. It’s packed with powerful features to help you actually capture as many leads as possible on your site.
You can create a wide range of form types, including popups, floating bars, slide-ins, welcome mats, and more.
Inside this popup plugin, there are 100+ professionally designed templates that are already stunning and optimized to grab the user’s attention. You can customize them using the drag and drop visual builder. This makes it easy to tailor them to your specific needs.
You can quickly add your lead magnet to make it more enticing for users to click on the campaign. OptinMonster comes with premade designs with all sorts of lead magnets like freebies, checklists, discounts, eBooks, and more.
The most powerful part of OptinMonster is its audience targeting options. No other tool has been able to match this yet! You can set up campaigns to appear exactly when, where, and to whom you want them to appear.
When you’re creating a campaign inside the popup builder, there’s a dedicated tab where you can set up campaign display rules. So for example, you can show a popup when a user is:
- Viewing a specific page
- Scrolling to a certain point on your page
- About to exit your website
- Inactive for a while
- Has added items to the cart and not checked out
- A new user or repeat user
- Coming from a specific referral source
- Located in a specific geographical area
- Using a particular device like a laptop or phone
Pretty neat, right? Like this, there are so many targeting triggers and rules you can apply. All you have to do is click a few buttons to apply advanced triggers and rules. You never have to meddle with coding.
Added to this, you can also add segments and tags to every lead. This helps keep your email list organized. You can also integrate with your email account to send all new leads to your contact list.
Another highlight of this plugin is that it comes with detailed analytics and insights. So you can track the performance of your lead capture forms and make data-driven decisions for optimization.
Coming to customer support, OptinMonster has an active and reliable support team to assist you in setting up and troubleshooting. They also have tons of documentation, tutorials, and case studies on their WordPress website.
A big bonus is that when you sign up for OptinMonster, you get access to the OptinMonster University where you can learn everything you need to know about boosting leads and growing your email list.
- The interface is beginner-friendly. It’s easy to navigate how to set up the plugin and create campaigns.
- There are lots of templates and customization options to change the design, call to action (CTA), image, and more.
- You can create unlimited campaigns including popups, slide-ins, scroll boxes, fullscreen mats, floating bars, and more.
- It supports special effects and sounds to make the popup more attractive.
- It has the most powerful targeting options compared to other plugins. This includes Exit-Intent technology and Onsite Retargeting.
- You get built-in analytics to see how your popups are performing.
- There are powerful integrations with email marketing, analytics, and marketing tools.
- There’s no free plan. However, there’s a 14-day money-back guarantee.
Starts at $9 per month.
WPForms is the best form builder plugin for WordPress. This is another powerful lead generation tool that lets you create all sorts of forms including newsletter optins, contact forms, registration forms, feedback surveys, event signup forms, and more.
WPForms includes a library of 1300+ pre-made form templates that can be easily customized to suit your needs. It’s here that you’ll find readymade forms that you can publish right away. Some of these templates include webinar lead capture, get a quote, and request a callback.
The form builder plugin comes with smart conditional logic that lets you create dynamic forms. With this feature, you can show or hide fields based on user selections, creating a more personalized user experience.
Aside from that, you can set up email notifications to receive instant alerts when a form is submitted. You can also send automated replies to the person who submitted the form.
Coming to integrations, WPForms lets you connect to popular email marketing services and CRMs including Constant Contact, Brevo, Aweber, HubSpot, and Mailchimp. It also integrates with payment gateways like PayPal and Stripe so you can collect online payments securely.
The forms created with WPForms are responsive and work seamlessly on various devices and screen sizes, including mobile phones and tablets.
- It’s incredibly easy to use.
- Comes with an extensive template library so you’ll likely find a premade form that you can just publish as is on your site.
- You can send instant notifications to the user and your team.
- The plugin is optimized for speed and comes with the essential features. You can choose to activate addons as and when you need advanced features.
- Addons include file uploads, coupons, calculations, payment gateways, email services, user journey, geolocation data, and so much more.
- You can manage your form submissions or entries right from your WordPress dashboard.
- It’s easy to embed your forms anywhere on your site including pages, posts, and sidebars.
- Its free version and pricing plans are affordable, especially for small businesses, individuals, and beginners.
- There’s no entry management feature in the Lite version. It is part of the pro plan.
WPForms comes with a free and premium version. The lite version lets you create basic contact and optin forms. If you want access to advanced features like smart logic, then you’ll want to sign up for the pro plan that starts at $49.50 per year. That comes to about the price of a cup of coffee every month.
See our Full WPForms Review »
Want to learn how to use this form builder to maximize its potential? Check out our » WPForms 101 Course that teaches you how to use this builder with video tutorials.
3. Thrive Leads
Thrive Leads is a powerful lead generation tool from ThriveThemes. It helps you grow your email list, engage with visitors, and convert them into leads.
Similar to OptinMonster, you can create popups, slide-ins, inline content forms, screen overlays, and more. There are customizable templates and a drag and drop builder. This lets you tailor the campaigns to match your website’s design and branding.
Coming to targeting, Thrive Leads lets you display forms based on specific user behavior. You can show forms to users based on the pages they visit, their interaction with your site, or their referral sources. There are also triggers that you can set up for form display, such as time delays, scroll depth, exit-intent, and more. These options allow you to engage users at the right moment.
A unique feature of ThriveLeads is SmartLinks. This lets you show or hide lead generation forms to users who have already subscribed.
Also, A/B testing is integrated, enabling you to test different form designs and messaging to determine which ones perform the best in terms of lead capture.
Thrive Leads is part of a bigger realm called Thrive Suite. It’s a suite of powerful conversion optimization tools that also help you improve website design and user experience.
- Easy to create campaigns using the drag-and-drop form builder.
- You can create popups, sticky ribbons, inline forms, 2-step optin forms, slide-ins, opt-in widgets, and more.
- There are plenty of pre-designed templates.
- Comes with display rules to target users based on posts, categories, tags, and more.
- There’s an A/B testing feature to help improve results.
- You get actionable insights and reporting to see exactly how your opt-in forms are performing over time.
- Limited targeting rules compared to OptinMonster
As a standalone plugin, Thrive Leads costs $99 per year. You can also sign up for the entire Thrive Suite for $299 per year. This comes packed with 9+ plugins such as a course builder, quiz builder, page builder, automator, and more.
First, you can create custom landing pages for specific marketing campaigns, such as email optin, product launches, promotions, or lead generation efforts. These landing pages can be designed to capture leads through forms.
There are 200+ page templates to choose from for different purposes like lead generation, sales, and coming soon pages:
There are also elements like countdown timers, which can be useful for creating a sense of urgency. This tactic encourages visitors to take action now, such as subscribing or signing up before a deadline.
SeedProd also lets you integrate with popular email marketing services like MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, ConvertKit, Zapier, and more. With this, you can connect your landing page forms to your email lists. So all new leads will automatically be added to your contact list.
One thing that stands out about this plugin is its coming soon and maintenance mode feature. You can display a stunning optin page when your website is down or still under construction.
This lets you collect leads on your site or even preorders while your site is unavailable.
- 300+ templates to get you started.
- There’s a powerful drag and drop builder to customize your campaigns.
- It’s easy to manage subscribers.
- There are powerful email marketing integrations.
- You can use this to generate leads, build your website, and put it in maintenance mode.
- You can only create optin forms and optin pages with this builder.
There’s a basic version for free that gives you all the essentials you need. You’ll only need to sign up for a premium plan if you need more advanced features. Plans start at $39.50 per year.
All in One SEO is the #1 SEO plugin for WordPress. It helps you optimize your website for search engines to improve your online visibility. This in turn will drive more traffic to your site increasing the potential pool of visitors who could convert into leads.
When you install this SEO plugin on your site, you’ll get an easy setup wizard. This helps you choose the right SEO settings so that your entire website is optimized to rank better on search engines.
AIOSEO will also audit your site’s SEO and display your score along with recommended measures that you need to take.
One of the most vital SEO elements of this plugin is the XML sitemaps. You can generate these sitemaps for your site with just a click of a button.
This will make it easier for search engines to crawl and index your content more effectively.
Aside from this, AIOSEO lets you optimize every piece of content you create so that it has a better chance of bringing in traffic to your site.
- Comes with the most powerful SEO features than any other plugin.
- It provides a wide range of features for on-page and off-page SEO, including meta tags, XML sitemaps, social media integration, and more.
- You can use it to drive users to your site that are more likely to be potential leads.
- You can be a pro at SEO even without prior experience.
- While it has a free version, some users find the premium version relatively expensive compared to other SEO plugins.
Starts at $49.50 per year.
If you’re interested in becoming a pro at SEO, check out our AIOSEO 101 Course here »
RafflePress is the best giveaway plugin for WordPress. It lets you create viral giveaways and contests on your site that can be used to generate leads.
You ask users to leave their email addresses or other contact information to participate in your contest. You can also encourage entrants to share the giveaway on social media platforms.
When participants share your contest or raffle, it can help expand your reach and attract more participants who may also become leads.
RafflePress comes with a feature called ‘refer-a-friend’. This lets entrants earn additional entries for referring friends or family. So your audience will bring in more participants and potential leads for you.
With this giveaway plugin, you can segment leads collected based on their participation and actions during the giveaway. This segmentation can help tailor your follow-up campaigns to specific lead groups.
You can integrate with your email service provider, so once you’ve captured leads through a giveaway, you can send follow-up messages, offers, or promotions to engage and convert these leads.
- It is easy for users of all skill levels to set up and manage giveaways.
- You can integrate with popular email marketing services, social media platforms, and other tools.
- It includes viral sharing to help increase the reach of your giveaways through participants’ social networks.
- There are fraud prevention features and options to ensure the fairness and security of your giveaways.
- Depending on your design preferences, you might find limitations in terms of customization options for the appearance of your giveaway.
There’s a free and paid version. The pro plugin starts at $31.60 per year.
PushEngage is a web and mobile push notification platform to engage with your audience through browser-based push notifications.
To get users to subscribe to push notifications, all they have to do is click on the ‘Allow Notifications’ button in their browser. This lets you capture leads who don’t want to share their email or phone number.
Using this tool, you can re-engage with website visitors who have left your website in a bid to get them to come back. You can promote new content, product launches, price drop alerts, sale notifications, and so on.
You can segment your audience based on various criteria, such as location, browsing behavior, interests, and more. This allows you to send targeted and personalized notifications to specific user groups.
Plus, there are options to set up A/B tests for your push notifications to determine which messages and strategies are the most effective at engaging your audience.
Coming to eCommerce websites, PushEngage lets you send automated notifications to users who have abandoned their shopping carts. This can help recover potentially lost sales and boost conversion rates.
It’s easy to set up trigger notifications based on a user’s action on your site. You can also schedule notifications and set up drip campaigns that run automatically.
- The plugin is simple to set up and integrate into a website, requiring minimal technical expertise.
- Segmentation and targeting features allow you to send personalized notifications to specific audience segments based on behavior, preferences, or demographics.
- You can set up automated campaigns, such as drip campaigns, to send notifications at predefined intervals or based on user interactions.
- It supports rich push notifications with images, icons, and action buttons, making your notifications more visually appealing and interactive.
- While generally user-friendly, some users may find a learning curve when navigating the platform’s more advanced features.
Starts at $9 per month. There’s a free plan available as well.
Nextiva is a cloud-based communication and collaboration platform that best serves users looking to provide top-notch customer service.
It offers a range of services, including VoIP phone systems, business phone numbers, and team messaging.
First, Nextiva allows you to have leads contact you by providing toll-free numbers, automated responders, and call routing to the right department. This ensures that you don’t lose the lead if you fail to answer the phone on time.
Next, their auto attendants feature can prove to be powerful. You can set it up to provide callers with information about your products or services, potentially leading to lead capture or qualification.
Nextiva also helps you manage leads better by streamlining interactions, inquiries, and contact information. You can integrate the platform with other CRM and marketing tools. This helps automate tasks and workflows to keep everything organized especially if you handle a larger volume of customers and leads.
- Streamlines communication system can help your team efficiently handle customer inquiries and interactions.
- Get call analytics to understand customer behavior and preferences.
- Integrate with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems and other business tools.
- It’s designed to scale with your business, accommodating the growth of your lead generation efforts.
- While powerful in helping you generate leads, Nextiva’s primary focus is on communication tools.
- The cost of Nextiva’s services might be higher compared to standalone lead generation tools.
Starts at $17.95 per month.
LiveChat is a popular live chat and customer support platform. It gives you a chat interface on your website, allowing visitors to send messages and get instant responses from your business’s support or sales team.
By adding the Livechat window to your site, visitors can quickly ask presale questions or get help from your team. This helps you find potential leads and assist them better.
LiveChat comes with features that you can use to add elegant product cards and make more sales while chatting with potential customers.
You can use custom forms to qualify your leads before interacting with them. The platform has powerful AI chatbot automation that you can set up to interact with leads to verify whether they are human or not.
LiveChat will track sales and online business goals automatically so you can see precisely how chats boost revenue and ROI.
- Gives you a convenient way for customers to seek help, ask questions, or resolve issues without the need for phone calls or emails.
- Enables real-time communication with website visitors, allowing for quick and efficient customer support or lead generation.
- Customization options to match the chat widget’s appearance with your website’s branding.
- Operators can initiate conversations with visitors based on predefined rules or triggers, aiding in lead generation and customer engagement.
- Provides visitor tracking and monitoring features, so you can see which pages visitors are on and gather valuable insights.
- Integrates with various CRMs, helpdesk software, and other business tools, streamlining workflows.
- Advanced features, such as reporting or integration options, are available in higher-tier plans.
Starts at $20 per month (billed annually).
ChatBot is an AI-generated chatbot that acts as a virtual agent. It will interact with potential leads on your behalf using premade answers.
It works by scanning your website, help center, or other designated resources to provide quick and accurate answers to customer queries.
The bot can help resolve customer’s problems by showing them links to help center articles, educational content, and related products. It can also create support tickets for the customer.
A standout feature is that ChatBot can generate and qualify prospects automatically. Once it does that, it can transfer high-intent leads to your sales reps in real-time. This helps shorten the sales cycle and lets you focus on potential leads that have a much higher chance of converting into buyers or subscribers.
- Quick AI-generated answers based on your website content, help center, and other resources.
- You can add multiple data sources such as websites, text documents, help centers, and more.
- Your data is secure as all data is processed and hosted only in the ChatBot platform.
- You can set up automated responses for common questions and initial conversations.
- It’s limited in what it can answer. Plus, some users prefer interacting with a human.
There’s a free 14-day trial period. Starts at $52 per month.
11. WP Call Button
WP Call Button is a simple WordPress plugin that adds a call button to your website.
By displaying a call button prominently on your website, you encourage visitors to take immediate action by calling your business. This can lead to direct engagement with potential leads.
The button is mobile-friendly, convenient for users, and can be customized to match your website’s look.
Visitors can simply tap the button to initiate a call. This increases the likelihood of capturing leads who prefer direct communication.
- Easy to add the call button to your site in just a few clicks.
- Match the button to your existing WordPress themes with plenty of customization options.
- The button is 100% mobile responsive.
- The plugin works seamlessly with other popular WordPress plugins such as WPForms, Elementor, WooCommerce, and more.
- It’s a free call button that lets users easily get in touch with you. This is the only functionality. There are no other features to it.
12. Sugar Calendar
Sugar Calendar is a WordPress plugin designed to help you create and manage events, appointments, and schedules directly from your WordPress dashboard.
This is useful for businesses or individuals who want to schedule and promote events that can generate leads, such as webinars, workshops, or product launches. You can even create recurring events that take place daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly.
You can display events according to timezones, and categories, and also in a master calendar view.
Need to sell tickets? Sugar Calendar integrates with Stripe and Woo (WooCommerce) as well.
Sugar Calendar can be integrated with various form plugins like WPForms and Gravity Forms, allowing you to seamlessly connect event registration or appointment booking forms with your calendar.
- It’s easy to create events, manage schedules, and organize appointments, making it suitable for various purposes, such as business schedules or community events.
- It offers customization options for event details, appearance, and calendar display settings.
- You can categorize and tag events so that it’s easier for users to find and filter events based on their interests.
- The free version comes with limited or community-based support.
- Free addons are included in all plans but Pro addons come only in the Professional plan.
The free version is quite powerful. The pro plugin starts at $49 per year.
13. User Feedback
User Feedback is a powerful plugin from MonsterInsights to capture feedback and leads on your site.
It displays a non-intrusive popup asking for feedback from the site visitor.
You can ask a multiple-choice or free-form question, or even ask for a star rating.
They can choose to answer the question and skip the rest. Or they can leave their email and name if they would like you to respond.
There are 20+ premium templates that you can use to create this for your site instantly. It also lets you add your own custom branding to the popup so the design matches the rest of your site.
That’s not all. You can add targeting features to run surveys on specific pages or devices. That way, users will be more likely to respond to your feedback request.
This tool is so easy to set up and use. All you have to do is place a shortcode to add this widget anywhere you want on your site.
Keep in mind that the User Feedback plugin lets you collect unlimited responses so you can get as much data as you need.
- Ask unlimited questions and collect unlimited responses
- Target users based on the device they are using.
- Choose from 20+ premium templates
- Add custom branding to the popups
- Integrate with 100+ tools, Google Analytics, and services
- Easily export data to CSV or Excel
- This is a simple plugin to collect data on potential leads. It doesn’t directly help you get more leads.
That’s our list of the best lead generation tools for WordPress. We hope you found this guide helpful.
Next, you may also want to read 35+ Best WooCommerce Plugins for Online Stores (Free & Paid). We’ve also put together a list of our most loved WordPress products so you can find everything you need under one roof. Check it out » The Ultimate WordPress Toolkit: Everything You Need For Your Website.