We are looking for translation partners who possess the skills to create tutorials that match this site’s standards of both writing and tutorial content. If your sample tutorial video meets our standards, we’ll contact you with details on the next steps.
- An intimate knowledge of WordPress, preferably as a developer.
- Ability to record, edit, and produce screencasts to our technical standards (below).
- Warm, friendly voice with the ability to teach in an approachable and effective manner.
- Willingness to provide support and WordPress advice for members on a daily basis.
- Access to a Mac and ScreenFlow recording software (for compatibility when sharing files).
If that sounds like you, read on…
To begin, submit a sample screencast for consideration…
To apply, we ask that you submit a translated version of the first video tutorial in our series, “Part 1: The Dashboard.”
- Download this .ZIP archive (261 MB), which contains all the sample files you’ll need to create the sample screencast.
- We use ScreenFlow for screencast production, which is a Mac-only app. You’ll need both a Mac and ScreenFlow in order to ensure compatibility as we share files down the road.
- For best results, we recommend you set up a local, clean installation of WordPress, using MAMP PRO.
- Your goal should be to re-create the video in every way, with close attention to details.
- Your final submission should be a 24fps H.264 MP4 file at 1280x720p. (If this is confusing, this gig may not be for you.)
- Do NOT email your video file to us as an attachment! Rather, share it with us via Dropbox.
- Share your final video to: shawn [at] wp101 [dot] com
We’ll review your sample video, and if it meets our standards, we’ll be in touch to discuss the details of our generous profit sharing agreement for translation partners. We look forward to hearing from you!
Questions about the process? Email: shawn [at] wp101 [dot] com